other small img
thin header

Meadow Brook MCF

Meadow Brook MCF's history began when the Antrim County Board of Supervisors purchased 90 acres in Torch Lake Township in 1869. In 1889 the County Poor farm was moved to our present location in Kearney Township, south of Bellaire off M-88. In 1939, enactment of PA 280 that changed the direction from a poor farm to an infirmary to provide medical and nursing care to the needy, until 1948, when the county moved into acute care, and the poor farm was renamed Meadow Brook Hospital. From then until the present, several modifications, renovations, and reconstruction efforts have allowed Antrim County to keep pace with the changing needs of its residents to provide long term care nursing services. At the present time Meadow Brook MCF provides over 40,000 days of resident services per year to its 133 residents and is certified by the federal government to provide Medicare services, and licensed by the State of Michigan to provide Medicaid services. Medicare and Medicaid funds provide 85 percent of our revenue. Admissions average 100-160 a year. Between 1968 and 2001, Meadow Brook MCF was self-supporting for all operational costs. Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility is owned and operated by the residents of Antrim County under the direction of the Antrim County Human Services Board, Governing Board of Meadow Brook Medical Care Facility. The history of care through the Antrim County Poor Farm, Meadow Brook Hospital, and now Meadow Brook MCF shows dedication to individuals in need of care. We are pleased to continue along the same direction as our predecessors in providing a high level of care and services to our residents and look forward to many years of continued service.

Address

4543 South M-88 Highway
BellaireMI
49615

Contact Info

Marna Robertson
231.533.8661

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. visit website